- HCS 449 Week 2 Assignment SWOT Analysis Worksheet
Review the SWOT Analysis Microsoft® PowerPoint® prior to completing this assignment.
Based on a review of the performance analysis of Community Hospital discussed in the Business Plan scenario, consider what you perceive to be the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for this hospital.
- Strengths and weaknesses are traits internal to the hospital (e.g., strong physician loyalty to hospital, aging building, and availability of financial resources).
- Opportunities and threats are external to the hospital (e.g., a mall facility available for lease or a competitor hospital opening two physician practices in your market).
Write a 700- to 1,050-word analysis that incorporates the key components of a SWOT analysis for the scenario described in Week One to generate a list of perceived strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. The analysis will include the following:
- Analyze how this SWOT analysis will be used to form a final recommendation in the full business plan.
- Analyze the limitations and advantages of conducting a SWOT analysis on your own (versus with a group of stakeholders).
- Use the table provided to record your analysis of the information from the strategic planning scenario and generate two factors for each of the SWOT categories (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats).
Cite at least 1 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your assignment.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.