- BIO 130 Interacting Earth Spheres Quiz
1. Drought in the Heartland, Soil Moisture Profiles Question a: The soil moisture during the summer of 2012 in central Illinois (where the arrow is pointing in the assignment) was higher than normal
2. Drought in California: The ___________ is a better index for determining drought conditions in an area, because ___________________.
3. Pre-lab Exercises: What type of interaction is described by the following? Plants take up water from the soil.
4. What does a negative anomaly mean, in the Precipitation Anomaly plots in your assignment?
5. Drought in the Heartland: Temperature questions, The areas near the intersection of the California, Arizona and Nevada border (extreme southern area within the southwestern U.S.) experienced a cooler month than "normal" during July 2012
6. Pre-lab Exercises: What type of interaction is described by the following? Rainwater infiltrates and recharges the soil.
7. Drought in California: Based on the 12 month and 24 month precipitation charts ending in March 2015, California been receiving more precipitation than normal over the course of the previous 1 - 2 years
8. Drought in the Heartland, Evaporation profiles questions: Arizona and the desert Southwest experienced the highest evaporation rates during July 2012 in the U.S
9. Drought in the Heartland: Temperature, During July, 2012 which part of the country had the largest positive temperature anomaly, meaning it was much warmer than "normal?"
10. Pre-lab Exercises: What type of interaction is described by the following? Animals drink water from a stream