- BIO 130 Fossil Fuels & GCC Quiz
1. Pre-lab reading. According to the first EPA website, an average temperature increase of only 2 degrees may lead to a 200-400% increase in the area burned by wildfires in the Western U.S. st
2. Part III, question 10. All of the cities experienced an increase in temperature over the last 50+ years, as indicated by the positive slopes of their temperature graphs
3. Pre-lab reading. NASA and NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) both agree that human activities are the major contributor to climate
4. Part I Your Energy Sources: What percentage of your region's electricity comes from non-hydro renewable sources (such as wind and solar)? Input your answer as a whole number between 0 and 100.
5. Part I Your Energy Sources: What percentage of your region's electricity comes from nuclear power plants? Input your answer as a whole number between 0 and 100
6. Part III, question 13. Which two cities experienced the most significant temperature increases (i.e., largest, steepest slopes)?
7. Part II, Fuel Economy of Cars: Out of all the cars listed below, which one was the MOST fuel efficient? Use the combined fuel efficiency
8. Pre-lab reading. According to the EPA climate change science webpage we read, the seasons of ________ will see the largest change of temperature in the Southwestern U.S
9. Part II, Question 1. Based on the cars we examined, it is much more fuel efficient (5-10 mpg difference) to drive a minivan (such as a Honda Odyssey) than an SUV (such as a Ford Explorer) if you have a large family
10. Part III, question 14. The coastal cities of New York, San Diego and Honolulu (in temperate and/or mild climates) experienced less temperature increase as compared to the desert city of Phoenix, AZ and the polar town of Barrow, AK