- ASB 360 Quiz Landscape irrigation and water conservation
1. Mesic plants
2. The term "xeriscape" means
3. Which of the following statements about irrigation is FALSE?
4. Landscape mulches in the southwestern home landscapes are primarily used to
5. Which of the following is NOT part of a drip irrigation system
6. The typical flow rate of a drip irrigation emitter is rated in
7. Sprinkler irrigation is usually used to irrigate turf in Arizona
8. An overhead (sprinkler) irrigation system can waste water if sprinklers are operating under windy conditions
9. Which of the following is a NOT a principle of xeriscape?
10. The type of irrigation system that is the most efficient for newly planted drought tolerant trees or shrubs is
11. Swales and basins can be used to collect rainfall and prevent irrigation runoff
12. What is the purpose of a backflow prevention device such as an antisiphon valve?
13. Irrigation is especially important in southwestern home landscapes and gardens because annual rainfall is low