- ASB 360 Quiz for Herbaceous Plants
1. A flowering plant that grows, flowers, set seeds and dies in less than on year is called an
2. Which of the following is an example of a plant that can be planted as a wildflower for spring color in the Phoenix area?
3. In Phoenix, cool season annuals used as bedding plants should be
4. Many desert wildflowers will reseed themselves which means that seeds produced the previous year will survive in the soil and may germinate the next year
5. Which of the following factors should be part of a plan for using bedding plants in a planting bed in the landscape?
6. Which of the following is the least appropriate way to use color in a flower bed?
7. Daffodils, crocus and tulips are NOT the best for the Phoenix area because
8. When purchasing bedding plants to achieve a mass of landscape color, factors to consider include:
9. An thickened horizontal stem that grows underground and produces flowering plants such as iris and canna is called a
10. When planting bulbs
11. One way to prevent transplant shock when planting bedding plants is
12. Which of the following is a cool season annual that grows well in the Phoenix area?
13. Some functions of plant stems include