- ABS360 Module 1 Quiz 2
1. When planting bulbs....
2. In Phoenix, cool-season annuals used as bedding plants should be
3. Which of the following factors should be part of a plan for using bedding plants in a planting bed in the landscape?
4. Which of the following is the least appropriate way to use color in a flower bed?
5. A flowering plant that grows, flowers, set seeds and dies in one growing season is called a(n):
6. Which of the following is a cool-season annual that grows well in the Phoenix area?
7. One way to prevent transplant shock when planting bedding plants is to dig the planting hole before removing the plant from its container.
8. A thickened horizontal stem that grows underground and produces flowering plants such as iris and canna is called a...
9. Many desert wildflowers will reseed themselves which means that seeds produced the previous year will survive in the soil and may germinate the next year.
10. Some functions of plant stems include
11. Daffodils, crocus and tulips are NOT the best for the Phoenix area because...
12. Which of the following is an example of a plant that can be planted as a wildflower for spring color in the Phoenix area?
13. When purchasing bedding plants to achieve a mass of landscape color, factors to consider include: