- ABS 360 Module 1 Quiz 2
1. The genus and species scientific name of a plant should always be written in all CAPITAL letters
2. Which landscape tree is the state tree of Arizona?
3. Which landscape tree has pollen that causes springtime respiratory allergies in many people?
4. According to the Sunset Western Garden Book, Phoenix is in Sunset Climate Zone 10, High Desert
5. Which landscape tree has a trunk with an interesting "puzzle piece" and flaking bark character?
6. Mesquite tree fruit pods are edible and when can be harvested ripe in July
7. Some major factors used to determine the differences between Sunset desert climate zones are
8. Indian rosewood has a broad spreading evergreen canopy that evokes the feeling of a desert oasis
9. Which two landscape shrubs are not known for their displays of white flowers?
10. Select which of the following landscape shrubs are frost sensitive
11. Flowering red yucca shrubs attract wildlife such as birds, during the fall months of October and November.
12. Texas ranger shrubs are best maintained by pruning once per year during March
13. The difference between a tree and a shrub is that shrubs are typically smaller, are multi-stemmed and have leaves on all the way to the ground