Anatomy & Physiology Module 4 Quiz
1. What is the neurotransmitter released from motor neurons initiating muscle contraction?
2. Which statement is NOT true regarding slow oxidative muscle fibers?
3. Which statement is true regarding muscle contraction?
4. What structure separates one fascicle from another in a muscle?
5. What answer is NOT true regarding muscle contraction?
6. A motor unit is all the nerves that innervate all of the muscle fibers of one muscle?
7. What factor is NOT required for the process of muscle contraction to occur?
8. Anaerobic respiration produces lactic acid as a by-product but creates more ATP for muscle contraction when compared to aerobic respiration?
9. Which statement is NOT true regarding muscle contraction?
10. Which statement best describes a sarcomere?
11. What statement is true of smooth muscle?
12. Which choice best describes what a fascicle is?
13. Fast glycolytic muscle fibers do not fatigue quickly due to their rich supply of myoglobin?
14. Which choice best describes the function of myoglobin?
15. Which choice best describes the function T-tubules have within muscle contraction?