- A & P Module 2 Quiz
A & P Module 2 Quiz
1. Which choice is true of collagen fibers?
2. Melanoma is the most common type of skin cancer?
3. Blood vessels in the epidermis will dilate increasing blood flow through the skin allow heat to dissipate from the body?
4. Which choice is NOT a description of a function of the integument system?
5. Hair and nails are mainly composed of what substance?
6.Which gland is responsible for secreting sweat and is the most numerous type of gland in the integument?
7. Which gland is responsible for secreting an oily substance that helps to lubricate and softens the skin and hair?
8. Which layer of skin is the outer most layer and contains dead cells that are filled with keratin?
9. Which choice is NOT true about the epidermis?
10. Skin cancer originates in which layer of the skin?
11.What is NOT true of keratinocytes?
12. The integument system is involved in the production of vitamin D by producing a vitamin D precursor when exposed to UV light?
13. What is NOT a complication of burns?
14. Extensions of dermis up into the epidermis that is responsible for fingerprints is called:
15. What structure and/or substance is NOT found within the dermis?