A & P II Module 7 Quiz
1. Tubular secretion within urine formation is when:
2. The kidneys secrete a hormone that influences red blood cell production?
3. The glomerular filtration rate (GFR) is highly regulated because if GFR increases, the amount of urine output decreases?
4. Diuretics are a class of drugs that increase the activity of antidiuretic hormone?
5. What is true of a nephron?
6. In healthy kidneys, what is not a common substance filtered out of the glomerulus?
7. What is NOT true of the male and female urethras?
8. What is NOT true regarding the renal blood vessels?
9. The nephrons drain the filtrate into the minor and major calyxes that converge to form the renal pelvis and ultimately the ureter?
10. What is NOT true of the urinary bladder?
11. Aldosterone’s main effect is the raise the blood pressure by increasing sodium ion absorption in the nephrons leading to increased water absorption and increased water volume?
12. What is NOT true of urine formation?
13. What is NOT true about urine?
14. Relaxation of both the internal and external urethral sphincters is done through conscious awareness?
15. What is NOT true of hormonal control on the nephron?