- A & P II Mid-Term Quiz
A & P II Mid-Term Quiz
1. The pharynx assists in moistening and humidifying inhaled air?
2. What is true of the intercalated discs?
3. The exposure rate of a pathogen determines the effectiveness of innate defenses?
4. What type of humoral immunity is generated when an individual receives an infection from another person?
5. What is NOT a benefit to the inflammatory process?
6. What is true of polycythemia?
7. Cardiac output is measured by multiplying heart rate (per minute) by breathing rate (per minute)?
8. The right atrium and right ventricle will contract first, then the left atrium and ventricle contract?
9. What is the secretion by the type II alveolar cells that prevent the lungs from collapsing between each breath by reducing surface tension?
10. The nasal conchae assist in the filtering and moistening incoming air within the nasal cavity?
11. The thoracic and pulmonary volumes can both increase?
12. An abnormal clot formation within a blood vessel is referred to as:
13. Type O blood is the universal recipient blood type?
14. What is true of gas exchange within the lungs?
15. Humoral immunity involves the production of antibodies that will attack any and all bacteria or viruses?
16. As the inspiratory muscles contract, the thoracic volume increases leading to an increase of pulmonary volume, which decreases the intrapulmonary pressure.
17. What is NOT true of erythrocytes?
18. What is true of cellular immunity?
19. For expiration to occur, the intrapulmonary pressure has to:
20. What is true of thrombocytopenia?
21. What is NOT true about the breathing process?
22. What is NOT true of the hemostasis process?
23. What is the most numerous type of leukocyte?
24. What type of plasma protein plays a role within maintaining plasma osmotic pressure, blood pressure and is the most numerous?
25. Cardiac output is the amount of blood ejected from both ventricles with each contraction?
26. Antibodies are specific to one type of epitope?
27. What factor will not directly affect stroke volume?
28. What is NOT true regarding the heart valves?
29. What is NOT true regarding the larynx?
30. What statement is NOT true of veins?
31. What portion of the EKG wave pertains to the atria undergoing depolarization?
32. What is NOT true of the trachea?
33. This portion of the cardiac condution system controls the rate at which the heart contracts?
34. The trachealis muscle is located on the posterior aspect of the trachea, facing the esophagus?
35. The right lung has two lobes?
36. Stroke volume is the measurement of:
37. The bronchial tree allows the passage of inspired air to reach the alveolar sacs for gas exchange to occur?
38. What anatomical structure ensures the heart valves only open and close in one direction?
39. What term best describes the amount of air expelled from the lungs after a maximum inspiratory effort?
40. Coagulation is the final step in the hemostasis process?
41. T Helper cells are involved in cellular and humoral immunity activation?
42. The primary role of the smooth muscle surrounding the bronchi is to provide structural support.
43. Increased heart rate will increase the overall cardiac output?
44. What portion of the EKG wave pertains ventricles contracting during the cardiac cycle?
45. What is NOT a role of the nasal cavity?
46. Only arteries undergo vasoconstriction and vasodilation?
47. Oxygen and carbon dioxide gas exchange in the lungs occurs due to:
48. The right atrium:
49. Arterioles are the smallest form of an artery and is where gas exchange occurs?
50. What is the correct pathway of the cardiac conduction system?
51. What statement is true of capillaries?
52. What is NOT true of the pleura of the lungs?
53. What is NOT true regarding inflammation?
54. Anemia is classified and defined as the body being iron deficient?
55. The left ventricle:
56. What term best describes the normal amount of air that is brought into and out of the lungs during quiet or resting breathing?
57. The visceral pleura is found attached to the inner surface of the ribs?
58. What muscle is not considered a respiratory muscle?
59. The pulmonary arteries contain deoxygenated blood?
60. For inspiration to occur, intrapulmonary pressure must be higher than atmospheric pressure?