- A&P II Final Exam
A&P II Final Exam
1. Metabolic acidosis can occur from ingesting too many basic substances or from chronic vomiting stomach contents?
2. Edema is the accumulation of fluid in the interstitial fluid, not the intracellular fluid?
3. The vagina’s acidic pH is helpful for sperm to produce energy and be motile?
4. Both hypernatremia and hyponatremia will lead to cardiac arrhythmias?
5. This is the smallest region of the small intestine and receives the chyme, bile, and pancreatic juices?
6. What is NOT a change in a female’s body during pregnancy?
7. Luteinizing hormone within the female reproductive system directly influences what process?
8. What is NOT true of the dilation phase of delivery?
9. Atrial natriuretic peptide ultimately decreases blood pressure by increasing the excretion of sodium ions within the kidneys?
10. What statement is NOT true of the testes?
11. What is NOT true of the large intestine?
12. The majority of chemical digestion occurs in which region of the digestion system?
13. Only hypokalemia can lead to cardiac arrthmias?
14. What is NOT an anatomical feature to the small intestine to allow for increased surface area?
15. Capacitation must occur first for the acrosomal reaction to occur?
16. What is NOT a function of lipids in our body?
17. In healthy kidneys, what is not a common substance filtered out of the glomerulus?
18. A vasectomy is a medical procedure where the epididymis is cut and the ends are cauterized to prevent the passage of sperm within the male reproductive system?
19. The gallbladder’s role within the digestive system is to:
20. The uterine cycle is regulated directly by follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone?
21. The mouth allows for the processes of chemical and mechanical digestion?
22. Embryonic development consists of the three germ layers forming and ultimately developing into all of the organs of the body.
23. The acrosome of a sperm:
24. Urine is mostly composed of:
25. What part of the kidney filters the incoming blood?
26. Respiratory alkalosis can be caused by:
27. An egg is typically fertilized within the uterus of a female reproductive tract?
28. Which of the following is not found within semen?
29. Tubular secretion of the urine formation allows for larger substances, such as drugs, to be excreted from the body?
30. The cervix is technically part of the vagina?
31. Trans fat is the healthiest fat for the body?
32. What is NOT true of lipid metabolism?
33. Chemical digestion of proteins begins in which region of the digestive system?
34. Vitamins and minerals can be used as an energy source if needed to be?
35. If glomerular filtration rate (GFR) increases, overall blood volume will decrease?
36. The cephalic phase of gastric secretion can be stimulated by the sight, taste or even smell of food?
37. Luteinizing hormone within a male reproductive system directly influences testosterone production?
38. If the breathing rate slowed and carbon dioxide levels increased within a body, the blood pH would:
39. The secretory phase of the uterine cycle is when the endometrium starts to breakdown and is sloughed off through the cervix and vagina?
40. The clitoris within a female is considered an erectile tissue?
41. What is typically NOT seen in a healthy microscopic urine specimen observation?
42. The extracellular fluid is about 1/3 of the overall body water content?
43. The role of the liver in the digestive system is to:
44. What type of cell produces hydrochloric acid within the gastric glands?
45. What hormone has the most powerful effect on water reabsorption in the collecting ducts?
46. What is true of fiber?
47. The epididymis will allow:
48. If the renal system increases its reabsorption of bicarbonate ions, an increase in the blood’s pH levels would occur?
49. What is NOT true of the corpus luteum?
50. What is NOT true about urine formation?
51. Electrolyte solutes concentration can influence water movement and water content within cells?
52. The walls of the ureters contain smooth muscle to assist with the passage of urine from the kidneys to the bladder?
53. Hyponatremia is usually corrected by a decrease in antidiuretic hormone?
54. What doesn’t the pancreas synthesize?
55. What is true of the nephrons?
56. The large majority of nutrient absorption occurs in which region of the digestive system?
57. What is NOT true of the male and female urethras?
58. The parasympathetic system will stimulate the digestive system activity and function?
59. What substance or hormone would not lead to dehydration?
60. Diuretics have what effect on the kidneys?